Friday, June 5, 2009

A Fairy Story




The good fairy settled upon the petal of a daisy to ponder important thoughts. The day was bright and cheery, and soon, the good fairy was fast asleep in the warm sun. When she awoke, she noticed a lady bug nestled upon the petal of the daisy beside her. “Greetings, fair one,” the good fairy said. “What brings you to this same petal?” The lady bug wrinkled her forehead for a moment, and then replied, “I’ve come to ponder important thoughts.” The good fairy smiled. “So have I, but the sun was so bright and warm, that I fell asleep without any answers. Have you come to any conclusions?” she asked the lady bug. “I think I have,” the lady bug nodded. “I believe that Love is the most important thing of all. Pure Love makes you kind, accepting, empathetic, and brave. All you need is Love.” The good fairy nodded in agreement. “Hey, didn’t the Beatles write that in a song?” The lady bug grinned sheepishly, being a beetle herself, and said, “Yes, but that doesn’t make it any less true.” The good fairy couldn’t argue. “Lady Bug,” the good fairy sighed, “I’m glad you nestled upon the petal of this daisy beside me. I feel that we shall be life-long friends.” The lady bug nodded. “Indeed we shall.” The two hugged one another around the shoulders and were both soon fast asleep in the bright, cheery embrace of the warm sun.


TDB- copyright © June 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment