Friday, May 15, 2009

Not a Loser Anymore

On May 7, 2009, I entered the bright shiny world of online sweepstakes entry for the very first time. My hands trembled as I read the Official Rules and held my mouse, poised to strike the "Click to Enter" link. Dared I hope to be an Instant Winner? Could I aspire so high? I took a steadying breath, and launched into action. The link had been clicked. My life hung in the balance as the pretty Flash graphics reloaded. A decision came--"Thanks, but you are not a winner. Please play again tomorrow." Could there be a kinder way to tell me that I am a loser? The sweepstakes gods are so courteous.

But wait--all is not lost! This sweepstakes allows you to play twice a day and a winner is declared every 5 minutes. Should I play again immediately? Or wait until some strange hour during the day? I decide to wait.

An hour later, I sat before my computer screen, mesmerized by the pretty colors. There it was again--"Click to Enter". I heard Liza Minnelli singing in my head, "Maybe this time, I'll be lucky. Maybe this time I'll win...." I pressed the mouse. Once again I waited for the spinning color graphics. I blinked. Could it be? "Congratulations! You've won a $20 Gift Card!" Whaaat??? I won? I won! I won! I won! I'm a winner! Sing it, Liza! "Not a loser anymore, like the last time and the time before..." Gotta love Liza. And I love winning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment